The Sudbury model of education is radically different than traditional school, but well established. We invite you to learn more about our school specifically and the Sudbury model in general to understand more about why we operate the way we do.
Audio and Video
- Peter Gray Lecture – Audio recording of Evolutionary Psychologist Dr. Peter Gray speaking at Clearview on November 1st, 2014.
- Peter Gray Lecture – Video recording at Evolutionary Psychologist Dr. Peter Gray speaking at Clearview on March 5th 2013
- An Evening with Jim Rietmulder – Jim joins Clearview in celebrating our 10 year anniversary and discusses his new book, When Kids Rule The School: The Power and Promise of Democratic Education.
- What if? – A short video from Hudson Valley Sudbury School exploring the possibilities of Sudbury education.
- Virtual Open House – Our friends at Arts & Ideas Sudbury School have created a virtual open house. Watch for a fun, in-depth look at the Sudbury model.
- Videos – A YouTube channel of democratic schools.
- Audio – A distinguished Sudbury model educator speaking at Clearview Sudbury School.
- Sudbury Valley School’s Online Library
- A Teacher’s Reflections on a Day at Clearview by Isabel Rodriguez
- RESPECT: What Children Get in Democratic Schools by Daniel Greenberg
- Ok, So You’re Sort of Like… by Romey Pittman – clarification of the Sudbury model
- The Challenges and Rewards of Trusting Children by Mimsy Sadofsky
- A Paradigm Shift For Parents of a Child in a Sudbury School by Alan White
- Psychology Today – Education: Class Dismissed
- Psychology Today – How to Raise Kids Who Think for Themselves
- Psychology Today – Trustful Parenting May Require an Alternative to Conventional Schooling
- American Journal of Play – The Decline of Play and the Rise of Psychopathology in Children and Adolescents
- Psychology Today – Freedom to Learn
- When Kids Rule The School: The Power and Promise of Democratic Education by Jim Rietmulder (also check out Jim’s talk on our YouTube channel)
- Free to Learn: Why Unleashing the Instinct to Play Will Make Our Children Happier, More Self-Reliant, and Better Students for Life by Peter Gray
- LIKE WATER: The Extraordinary Approach to Education at Fairhaven School by Mark McCaig
- Sudbury Valley School’s Book Store
Click here for a list of other Sudbury schools in operation around the world.
Click here for more information about educational alternatives.
Great quotes on education.